Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tomato pesto pasta & Crab dip

I thought maybe I'd post Dinner recipe's I put together, so lets see how it goes. I'm only going to list my ingredients, a rating, and quick prep instructions. I only do dishes that are quick & easy. Enjoy.

Warm Crab dip (rating: 8 out 10 points)
Biscotti bread
Crab dip:
-1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
-3 tablespoons cocktail sauce
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
-2 teaspoons lemon juice
-1/2 garlic clove, chopped
-1/2 lb. lump or backfin crabmeat

Prep: mix and throw in the oven at 350 for 15/20 min and then serve with Biscotti for a nice appetizer or hors d'oeuvre .

Tomato Pesto pasta (7 pts)
1lb of Cannolicchi pasta
2 cans of Diced tomatoes
Pesto sauce:
-2 cloves garlic, peeled
-2 tablespoons pine nuts
-1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
-3 cups (3 ounces) fresh basil leaves
-1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Prep: Put pesto ingredients in a food processor or finely chop, and then mix pesto, tomatoes, and cooked pasta in a large saucepan.

Wine
2006 Earthworks Shiraz (90pts on wineadvocate.com)
Prep: pour in large glass and drink

No comments: